Cooking squash like milk mushrooms for the winter
We already know that not only traditional dishes can be made from zucchini, but also something unusual, for example, jam. Did you try the zucchini under the milk mushrooms? They have really pronounced taste of pickled mushrooms, and they are perfect as a snack for dinner. An excellent choice for those who live in an area where mushrooms are rare. Consider a few recipes for harvesting this vegetable for the winter.
This way to cope with a large crop of zucchini for sure you will love it. Time for cooking takes a bit, but in the end you get a delicious, hearty dish.First, a few words about the ingredients used in all recipes.
The use of ripe zucchini, herbs and garlic - the key to success in the preparation of this dish
- You can use both ordinary zucchini and zucchini. These can be young fruits, ripe and even those that have been stored for some time.
- In all recipes, be sure to add dill and garlic - they give the zucchini a taste of gruzdy.
- Do not overdo it with black pepper.If you decide to add it to the workpiece, it will be enough to 1 teaspoon per 2 kg of zucchini.
- Greens, such as parsley, are not necessary to use, but it gives the dish a rich flavor.
- When choosing vinegar, pay attention to 6%: it is soft, therefore it is better for cooking.
- Vegetable oil is better to take refined, so that it does not have too pronounced taste.
- Well, if at the time of harvesting you have dill. But usually, when zucchini ripen, the time for fresh greens has passed. Do not worry, the dill umbrellas are very fragrant and are great for zucchini with the taste of milk.
For such a blank you will need the following products:
- 1.5 kg zucchini of any kind;
- 1 tablespoon salt;
- 0.5 tablespoon of ground black pepper;
- 2-3 tablespoons of sugar;
- 0.5 cups vegetable oil;
- 1 bunch of dill;
- 0.5 cups vinegar;
- 4–5 cloves of garlic.
For this recipe, it is better to take 9% vinegar, it is more suitable for seaming under sterilization conditions.
- Brush the courgettes and cut them into large slices the way mushrooms would be cut. Be sure to remove loose flesh from zucchini, otherwise you will not get the effect of grubby.
Cut the zucchini into large slices
- Peel the garlic and chop it with a knife. Finely chop the dill.
Garlic is better to cut into large slices
- Mix everything and leave to marinate at room temperature for at least 3 hours.
- Prepare jars: wash, dry and sterilize with covers.
- Spread the present zucchini with greens and garlic over the cans, cover with lids and place in a large container with warm water so that the latter reaches the coat hanger. You should not put jars in boiling water: they can crack. After the water boils, sterilize for 5–7 minutes.
- Roll the jars upside down and let them cool. No need to wrap up.
After zucchini 'under the mushrooms' are ready, put them in the basement for storage
To prepare for this recipe, you can do without sterilization. It is enough to sterilize only clean cans and lids. It is for this and need 9% vinegar.
Zucchini can be cooked with the addition of carrots. It will give a unique taste and original look to the blank. You will need:
- 2 kg of zucchini;
- 2 carrots;
- 1 bunch of dill;
- 1 bunch of parsley;
- 1 head of garlic;
- 100 grams of vinegar;
- 100 grams of vegetable oil;
- 1.5 tablespoons of salt;
- 1 tablespoon of sugar;
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper.
- Cut the peeled zucchini into pieces as you cut the mushrooms into halves, quarters. Do not try to cut them straight. It is very convenient to use a shredder.
Be sure to remove loose flesh from zucchini before cooking
- Peel the garlic and slice it across. It will look more beautiful than gruel extruded from garlic press. Add to squash.
- Chop the greens, the tops are large, the cuttings are smaller. Pour into a bowl of zucchini and garlic.
Parsley and dill cut is not very fine
- Cut the carrot into slices. It is not necessary that they be smooth. Pass a little in the vegetable oil, but do not allow browning. Add to other vegetables. If you have little time, you can add raw carrots.
Cut the carrots into slices and paste in vegetable oil
- Add salt, mix well and leave to stand for a few minutes. After that, you can add vinegar, sugar, vegetable oil and black pepper. Stir.
- Leave the stock blank for 3–8 hours at room temperature.
If you want to pickle zucchini under the milk mushrooms and carrots for the winter,to keep them longer, sterilize them as described in the first recipe. But you can do without it.Squids will last a day to marinate and become ready to eat. In the refrigerator, such a blank can be stored under a regular nylon cover for at least a week.But experience suggests that it is eaten much faster!
Note! If you plan to make such a billet for the winter, cut the zucchini thicker. During storage, the pieces will marinate well and will not lose their shape at all.
This preparation can be sterilized in the microwave. Fold the vegetables in the banks on the hangers, but not higher, otherwise the brine can run out when heated. Set the device to full capacity and bring to a boil. The amount of time required depends on the volume of the can. Cover with sterilized caps, spin, turn over and let cool, without covering with anything.
How to cook zucchini "under the milk" (video)
Recipe without sterilization
The fastest method of preparation does not imply sterilization. We will warm the contents with boiling water several times, and then fill it with boiling brine.Such zucchini will not have a pronounced fungus odor, but this can be offset by seasoning.
For 3 cans of 1 liter we need:
- 1.8 kg zucchini
- dill greens
- 9 cloves of garlic
- 9 clove inflorescences
- 3 Laurraves
- Pepper (peas)
- 1.5 liters of clean water
- 190 grams of sugar
- 5 tbsp. salt
- 0.5 cups vinegar
- Cut vegetables, removing seeds and peel damage.
- Put the dill in the jar, three peas of black pepper and a clove of garlic (it can be cut), 3 cloves inflorescences and bay leaf.
- Tightly lay slices of zucchini and scald them with boiling water.
- We give for warming vegetables 10 minutes, then drain the liquid.
- Once again, fill with boiling water and leave, but for now we begin to cook the marinade.
- In the water, add salt, sugar and vinegar. We are waiting for boiling brine and complete dissolution of sugar.
- Pour the liquid from the vegetable slices. Fill with boiling marinade.
- Close the lids and send "under the fur coat."
How to store such blanks
After the jars with the zucchini under the milk mushrooms are completely cooled, store them in a dark place with a low temperature, for example, in a closet or basement. Well suited and a balcony, but without access to direct sunlight.
Store zucchini in the open form only in the refrigerator, try to use within 2 weeks.
Store ба zucchini ’zucchini in a cool dark place
If banks with zucchini for some reason "exploded" (poor quality oil or vinegar, badly washed banks), it is better not to risk and throw them away. Some housewives recommend in this case stew the salad. Often this is a good way out of the situation, but do not roll the billet back into the cans again, but try to eat quickly. And do not forget to make sure that zucchini does not have extraneous unpleasant smells and mold marks on the surface.
We hope that you will like these recipes and will occupy a worthy place in your cooking piggy bank. Tell us about your favorite and unusual methods of cooking zucchini in the comments.