Crafts from seashells
When you go to the sea, do not forget to pick up shells on the beach. From them you can make wonderful crafts that will awaken warm positive feelings. In this article we will look at how to make crafts from shells with your own hands.
- If there are no remains of mollusks in the shells, they are not very dirty - just rinse them with plain water.
- If the shells have mollusk remains - boil them for 5 minutes, then remove the remains using tweezers. If this is not done, then over time the craft will have an unpleasant smell.
- If they need to be bleached and sanitized - prepare a solution (water + chlorine-containing agent - for example, bleach in a 1: 1 ratio). Leave the shells for 30 minutes, if necessary, gently rub with a brush, then rinse thoroughly with water.
- In the presence of sharp edges - polish the shells with sandpaper.
- To make the shells glisten - cover them with a transparent nail polish.
How to make a hole in the shell?
- You will need a drill with a drill or a screwdriver with a very small diameter of 1-2 mm.Put the shell on the board, glue a piece of tape to the shell - so that it does not split, then drill a shell in the right place directly on the tape.
- For another way, take a nail and a hammer. Tape the shell with adhesive tape - so as not to split, then hit the nail several times with a hammer.
- This method takes about 10 minutes to make one hole. Take a thick needle or an awl and, by the principle of a drill, make a hole with a rotating motion.
In this master class, you can decorate - photo frames, picture frames, decorate mirrors and watches.
You will need:shells of the desired size - small, medium, large, glue gun, tape, newspaper, decoration elements at will - beads, asterisks ...
- Cover the picture or a mirror with a newspaper and secure it with tape. If you have a regular frame, you can not do this.
- Size the shells
- Glue the same size shells.
- Glue the remaining shells, adhering to the same style, in a chaotic manner or overlap in a checkerboard pattern.
- Fill in the gaps with small shells.
- Glue beads, starfish as decoration.
- Remove the tape and newspaper.
The shell of the shells is ready! I recommend viewing a photo gallery of ideas for decorating frames with shells!
I recommend to watch the video master class!
You will need:seashells of the desired size, cardboard, scissors, glue gun, simple pencil, awl or hole punch, twine or rope, sesal, burlap decorating elements as desired - beads, beads, starfish ...
- Draw a heart on the cardboard.
- Cut it out.
- Make 2 holes for hanging using a hole punch or awl.
- Put sesal on the front side of the heart.
- Cut the heart out of the burlap 1 cm more cardboard.
- Stick it on the other side.
- Insert the rope into the holes.
- Tie double knots on the wrong side of the heart.
- Glue the side of the heart on which the sisal is with shells.
- Glue the starfish to the center.
- Wrap the contours of the heart with string.
Heart of seashells ready!I recommend to watch the video master class!
Picture of seashells
You will need:seashells of the desired size, glue gun, canvas, simple pencil, pattern printed on paper, scotch tape, decoration elements at will - beads, beads ...
- Fasten a pattern with scotch tape on the canvas.
- Transfer the drawing to canvas, drawing a simple pencil around the template.
- Glue the shells strictly along the contour of the pattern.
- Glue the shells tightly to each other, filling out the entire picture.
- Try not to have gaps between the shells, if they are - fill them with beads or beads.
A picture of seashells ready!In the same way you can make any picture. If you want to fill the entire canvas with shells, for example, to make a landscape, select a template, transfer it to the canvas, paint the shells, place them on the canvas. When you see the whole picture - only then proceed to stick the shells. I recommend viewing a photo gallery of ideas for creating shell paintings!
From the shells you can make a very beautiful topiary, and how - see in this video!
You will need:2 shells of various sizes, small stone, round large shells, small coiled shells, glue gun, toothpicks, wooden skewers, varnish, thick cotton thread.
- Apply glue to the stone and glue a larger-sized rapana shell. The shell should not be loose, it should be firmly fixed on the stone.
- Glue the wooden skewer inside the small rapana shell. This will be the nose of the ship.
- Glue the skirt with the nose on the base of the sailboat.
- Glue 3 wooden skewers perpendicular to the base of the ship.
- Trim the first and third skewers so that they are just below the average skewers.
- Glue the large seashells as sails from the front of the mast, and from the back side stick the toothpicks, which will be as the rei. Each mast should have 3 shells.
- Make ropes of cotton thread in this way: tie the thread to the back of the ship, then pull the top of the masts to the nose, then pull the thread from the bottom to the top, twisting the yarn on each mast, and if the thread slips off in some places, fix it with glue.
- Glue spiral shells to the tops of the masts.
- Cover varnish varnish.
The seashell ship is ready! I recommend viewing a photo gallery of ideas to create a ship from seashells!
From the shells you can make letters and numbers for the solemn event, and how - see in this video!
You will need:shells 5, 3 and 1 cm long, 2 pieces each, 4 shells 2 cm long, glue gun, 2 black beads for the eyes.
- Glue the shells 5 cm, leaving a wide part ajar as a frog.
- Glue 2 shells 3 cm each as the trunk.
- Glue the body and mouth of the frog.
- Glue the shells 2 cm each in place of the legs.
- Stick a bead on the smallest shells.
- Glue the smallest shells as eyes.
Frog from seashells is ready! Check out the photo gallery of ideas for creating green beauties from seashells!
I recommend to watch the video master class!
You will need:2 identical shells, 2 beads of artificial pearls, earrings, rings, glue gun, awl, pencil.
- Mark a pencil spot for the hole in the shells on the inside.
- Make a hole by gently turning the awl.
- Turn the awl into the same hole, only on the reverse side.
- Glue the bead in the center of the shell.
- Secure the shells using fasteners and a ring.
Shell earrings are ready! I recommend to watch the video master class!
From the shells you can make a huge number of crafts, browse the photo gallery and get creative inspiration!
Crafts from sea shells are perfect as an original gift.Bring more seashells from the sea, fantasize and delight your loved ones with exquisite hand-made crafts.