Dispensary - what is it? Dispensaries: types and structure
Local medical institutions, such as hospitals and polyclinics, are not the only structures that provide comprehensive public services. A special treatment-and-prophylactic medical institution, called the "dispensary", has more opportunities and a medical arsenal for providing specialized care to those in need of treatment for certain diseases.
What is a dispensary?
The dispensary is a specialized medical institution of therapeutic and prophylactic profile. Its main purpose is the early detection of patients, diagnosis, a range of procedures aimed at reducing the incidence, and taking active preventive measures to prevent the spread of dangerous types of diseases.
The sphere of influence and duties of the staff of the medical institution includes carrying out the full range of preventive measures to prevent and reduce the level of viral, socially dangerous diseases through the clinical examination of the population.A dispensary is a place where in the proper conditions of sanitary and therapeutic compliance mass medical care of the population is carried out. The institution organizes and monitors general examinations of citizens whose purpose is to identify diseases and pathologies using technical and specialized analysis tools.
The main tasks of the clinic
A dispensary is an institution where not only medical, but also social, educational problems of certain categories of citizens are solved. The objectives of the clinic include education, hygienic education, dissemination of knowledge and the benefits of a healthy lifestyle.
The dispensary is a body whose main tasks are:
- Providing qualified advisory, medical, diagnostic assistance to the population according to the profile of the institution.
- Clinical examination of patients, the organization of observation in a dispensary and in other medical institutions.
- Organizational and methodological guidance and support of the activities of territorial medical institutions of the general direction.
- Patient registration, morbidity statistics (mortality, disability), analysis of collected data, patient registration.
- Development of preventive measures.
- Conducting seminars, conferences with the participation of existing specialists to improve the level of qualification in the profile types of diseases
- Dissemination of knowledge about the disease for all segments of the population, hygienic education, etc.
- Social assistance to patients who temporarily or permanently lose their ability to work, improve their living conditions, etc.
Not only citizens with a disease or for diagnostic purposes, but for examination of their condition apply to dispensaries. Paid certificates from dispensaries are required in the traffic police, some companies in employment, in the adoption of children, etc.
Obtain a certificate for presentation from the traffic police is allowed in both private and public clinics, in any case, the issuance of the document is paid. In a private organization, the cost of services is about 8 thousand rubles, but it is issued as soon as possible. In state medical institutions the price varies from 1.5 to 2 thousand rubles.Certificates from a narcological dispensary and HDPE are also paid for, the estimated cost is up to 400 rubles.
Social and educational activities
The doctors of the institution actively cooperate with the social bodies of the city government, promoting the employment of citizens with certain types of diseases and are at the stage of recovery. The dispensary commissions determine the degree of working capacity of patients, participate in the councils of urban social services responsible for improving the living conditions of certain categories of patients (tuberculosis, oncological, psychiatric, etc.).
Dispensaries in educational activities cover existing medical professionals. For doctors, a dispensary is a body where retraining is held, the level of training rises, new knowledge and professions in the field of medicine are being mastered. Under the supervision of the institution are territorial points of medical care. The main task of the patronage is to identify patients with socially dangerous diseases for their further referral to specialized departments or specialized hospitals.
Types of dispensaries
Dispensaries are divided into general therapeutic and profile. Types of special dispensaries:
- Medical gymnastics.
- Endocrinology and others.
Dispensaries, their types and structure, are determined by a narrow profile. Each dispensary institution has its own duties, the specifics of functioning and a list of mandatory measures, the purpose of which is to completely cure patients or alleviate the patient’s condition at a satisfactory level.
Clinics conduct a survey of the population, dividing patients into groups:
- Healthy. Patients have no complaints about the general physical and mental state, the obtained analyzes demonstrate the state of the body within the normal range.
- Practically healthy. There is a chronic or acute illness in the history of the disease that has not been exacerbated in recent years.
- Treatment is required. This category of dispensary patients is divided into three groups - with a compensated course of the disease; with impairments of health and the presence of exacerbations, long periods of disability; with globalprogressive changes, leading to deterioration of health and complete disability.
Drug abuse patients need a special approach to treatment and rehabilitation. To achieve effective treatment, specialized clinics were created. The institution conducts organized activities for the diagnosis and treatment of patients suffering from the following diseases and conditions:
The tasks of the institution include:
- Identification of dependent patients at an early stage of the manifestation of diseases and their registration.
- Consultations and rendering assistance to patients in the conditions of an out-patient clinic, a hospital of a special purpose.
- Treatment of relevant patients, the study of the incidence of the population, analysis of the effectiveness of ongoing preventive work and therapeutic and diagnostic actions.
- Observation of patients during the rehabilitation period, conducting expert examinations of patients with alcoholism, drug addiction, and substance abuse.
- Development of programs for targeted control of this type of diseases.
- Providing social assistance to the sick, together with the social security authorities.
- Development and provision of methodological assistance to the inspection of drivers of vehicles before flights.
- Methodical, organizational, and advisory assistance to drug treatment units located within medical institutions.
- Organization of preventive work in medical, educational institutions and work teams.
- Training medical and medical personnel, raising the level of training of existing specialists, retraining of nursing staff.
The structure of a narcological dispensary includes:
- Narcological department (intensive care wards, laboratory and functional diagnostics, physiotherapy room, etc.)
- Dispensary and outpatient department (day hospital).
- Narcology department for teenagers.
- Department of examination of patients with alcohol intoxication.
- Department of medical, psychological and social assistance.
- Cabinet honey. statistics.
- Administrative and economic department.
Multistage differentiated care is provided in narcological dispensaries, which lasts for several years. Directions and types of measures:
- Initial prevention, determination of the degree and type of dependence.
- Diagnosis, treatment, emergency care.
- Secondary prophylaxis.
- Relief of the disease.
The drug dispensary is often an independent structural unit of the psycho-neurological dispensary.
Assistance to patients with mental and psycho-neurological diseases is provided in specialized medical and preventive treatment facilities. Treatment and counseling is provided to adults and children when they are diagnosed with diseases consistent with the profile of the medical institution.
Psychiatric Dispensary is an independent unit of medical activity and the main link in the provision of community care to all segments of the population. The organization, as necessary, opens branches, offices, points at clinics, where there is no possibility of permanent functioning of the clinic. The work of the clinic is based on the district principle.
The mental hospital performs the following functions:
- Treatment, diagnosis of mental patients, people with substance abuse, alcohol dependence, patients with impaired speech functions, etc.
- The patronage help to profile patients.
- Preventive work in the institution and beyond (enterprises, educational institutions, etc.).
- Expert activities (forensic, medical, etc.).
- Promoting the employment of nervous, mental, dependent patients, together with the guardianship.
- Consultations in clinics and hospitals on specialized issues.
- Observation, statistics, analysis of the data.
- Therapeutic and diagnostic.
- Department of occupational therapy, mental health.
- Department of prevention.
- Children and adolescent neuropsychiatric department.
- Administrative, office branches.
In addition to activities within the walls of the IPA, the specialists of the institution carry out work at the sites that take care in clinics (narcological, psycho-neurological, etc.). A significant role in assisting patients has a drug treatment, for which settled manipulative, procedural offices.
Dispensary for delicate diseases
The fight against skin and venereal diseases, their prevention, treatment of patients is one of the most important tasks of domestic medicine and the rank of national importance.
Dermatovenerologic dispensary performs the following tasks:
- Provision of diagnostic, therapeutic, preventive services for patients with skin and venereal, dermatological diseases of all segments of the population.
- Development, planning, implementation of programs aimed at preventing the spread of STIs (sexually transmitted infections).
- Development of methods for organizing advisory, prophylactic, diagnostic and therapeutic assistance to the population in case of infection with STIs, dermatoses, and contagious skin diseases.
- The introduction of modern methods, technologies for the organization of prevention, daily activities, diagnosis and treatment of STIs, all types of dermatosis, etc.
Dermatovenerologic dispensary, structure:
- Outpatient department.
- Organizational, methodical department.
- Department of primary prevention.
- Department for preventive examinations.
- Department of cosmetology.
- Administrative, technical, financial, economic departments.
Sports Medicine Dispensary
A dispensary is a medical structure that provides not only medical care, treatment and consultations, but also contributes to the development of individual areas of medical development.Medical institutions are special forms of dispensaries.
The sports clinic is an independent organization whose tasks are the development of sports medicine, the care of individuals who are professionally involved in sports, the organization of methodological support for medical monitoring, the development of methods for introducing therapeutic physical training in preventive, medical, medical institutions for children and adults.
The medical and physical culture clinic has the following structural departments:
- Sports medicine.
- Physical therapy.
- Methodical, organizational, analytical department.
- Administrative, economic, financial department.
Clinics perform organizational, curative, analytical, preventive and many other functions. Their full-fledged operation makes it possible to stop the spread of dangerous diseases and get professional help in case of infection.