European capitals: list
Modern children to such a school subject, as geography, refer to as a discipline of the second plan. Many students are confused by the question “What European capitals can you name?”. This article will help you decide on this part of the world, its location and other territorial characteristics.
European capitals alphabetically
- Amsterdam - the main city of the Kingdom of the Netherlands since 1814. Located in the western part of the state at the mouth of the rivers Ai and Amstel.
- Andorra la Vella - the main in Andorra. Located at the confluence of two rivers, Valira d’Encamp and Valira d’Ordino. It is located at an altitude of 1079 meters above sea level in the Pyrenees. It is the highest European capital.
- Athens. The capital of Greece. Located in the center of the country and is a real treasure of the ancient world in modern Europe. It is the cultural, economic and administrative center of the state.
We continue the list
- Belgrade is the largest city of Serbia and its capital. From 1918 to 2003 - the capital of Yugoslavia. Located at the confluence of the Sava River in the Danube River in the central part of Serbia.
- Berlin is located on the banks of the rivers Spree and Havel.Berlin is the largest transport hub and the most visited metropolis in Europe.
- Bern is the actual capital of Switzerland. It has a federal significance. Located in the valley of the river Aare, north of the Alps. Bern houses the parliament, the government and the central bank.
- Bratislava is the capital of Slovakia. Bratislava is the only city in the world that borders directly on two states - Hungary and Austria.
- Brussels (Slovakia) - the headquarters of the European Union and the NATO office are located here. Brussels stands on the river Seine.
- Budapest is the largest settlement of the country and the capital of Hungary. It is located in the lowland of the Carpathian Basin, bounded by the South Slavic mountain ranges, the Alps and the Carpathians. Budapest is divided into two parts by the Danube.
- Bucharest is the capital of Romania. The most important political and economic center of the country. Located 45 km from the Danube on the navigable river Dambovitsy.
European capitals on "B"
- Vaduz is the capital of the principality of Liechtenstein, which houses its national parliament. Located in the upper reaches of the Rhine. This European capital is located in the center of Europe and has no access to the sea.
- Valletta is the main city of the Republic of Malta.The political and economic center of the state. It is located in the northeast of the peninsula in the Mediterranean Sea.
- Warsaw is the European capital on the Vistula River and the largest city in Poland.
- Vienna is the federal capital of Austria. Located in the eastern part of it. It is the political, economic and cultural center of the state.
- Vilnius is the main city of Lithuania. It is located 30 km from the border with Belarus in the south-east of the country at the confluence of the Vilna River into the Vilyu River.
Dublin - Irish city
County city in Ireland. The European capital, located at the confluence of the River Liffey in Dublin Bay Irish Sea.
The largest city of Croatia and its capital. Located on the Danube tributary Save River. Zagreb is over 920 years old.
Kiev, Chisinau, Copenhagen
- Kiev is the main city of Ukraine. Located on the Dnieper River in the north of the central part of Ukraine. It is a socio-economic, political, transport, religious and scientific center of the country.
- Chisinau is the largest city of Moldova. Cultural and economic center of the state. Located in the center of the state on the banks of the river Bic.
- Copenhagen is the capital of Denmark.Located on the islands of Amager, Zeeland, and Slotsholmen. This is the government and economic center of Denmark. It is one of the largest financial capitals of European countries.
- Lisbon is the main city of Portugal. It is the main port of the country and the oldest city in Western Europe. Lisbon is located at the mouth of the small Tagus River. It is the westernmost capital of continental Europe.
- London is the capital of the United Kingdom of Northern Ireland and Great Britain. Located on the island of Great Britain near the North Sea at the mouth of the River Thames.
- Ljubljana is the main city of Slovenia. The main economic, cultural and political center of the country. The city is located in the intermountain Ljubljana depression on the banks of the Ljubljanec river.
- Luxembourg is the largest city and capital of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.
Where is the "Formula 1"?
Among these capitals are two hero cities:
- Minsk is the capital of Belarus. The largest transport hub. Economic, political and scientific center. Located on the river Svisloch.
- Madrid is the largest city in Spain and its capital. Located on a hill of the Iberian Peninsula.It is considered the "highest" European capital.
- Monaco is the administrative territory and the official country of the Principality of Monaco. Located in the southern part of the country on the Mediterranean coast. The European capital of Monaco is the center of the smallest independent state in the world after the Vatican.
- Moscow is capital of Russia. The largest city in the country in terms of population. Located on the banks of the Moscow River. The largest city by population in the list of European capitals.
This is Oslo on the lakes.
The main and largest city in Norway. In the city there are 343 lakes. They are the most important sources of drinking water. Located in the south-eastern part of the country. Two small rivers flow through this European capital - Alna and Akeshelva.
- Paris is the main city of France. It is the administrative center of le-de-France. Located in the Paris basin on its plain. Located on the banks of the river Seine in northern France.
- Podgorica is the capital of Montenegro. Located on the vast plain of the Skadar basin 30 km of the Adriatic Sea on the banks of the Moraci River.
- Prague is the capital of the Czech Republic.Located 40 km from the confluence of the Vltava River in Laba. It is the largest tourist center in Europe. The main cultural, economic and political center of the Czech Republic.
- Reykjavik is the largest city of Iceland. This European capital is located on the non-navigable river Edlidaau in the south-west of the island.
- Riga is the main city of Latvia. It is located near the place where the Daugava River flows into the Gulf of Riga on both its sides. The largest city of the Baltic countries.
- Rome is the capital of Italy. The area of urban development, unlike most cities in Europe, is a quarter of the area inside the city limits. The administrative center of the region of Lazio and the province of Rome. Located on the Tiber River.
In one of these cities Karlson lived
- San Marino is the capital of the state of San Marino, located on the Apennine Peninsula near the Adriatic Sea.
- Sarajevo is the capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina. The city is located in the intermountain basin on the banks of the Milyatsky river.
- Skopje is the main city of the Republic of Macedonia. Skopje is located on the banks of the Vardar River in a valley surrounded by mountains, near the border with Kosovo. Located in the north of the state.
- Sofia is the largest city in Bulgaria. Located in the west of Bulgaria at the foot of the Vitosha mountain range in the south of the Sofia hollow.
- Stockholm is the capital of Sweden. Located on the shores of Lake Mälaren in the channels connecting it to the Baltic Sea.
"T" and "X"
And among these cities is the place where the Nokia phone was "born":
- Tallinn is the main city of Estonia. Large cargo and passenger sea port. Tallinn is located in Northern Europe on the southern coast of the Gulf of Finland, 80 km from Helsinki.
- Tirana is the largest city in Albania. Located on the banks of the Ishm River.
- Helsinki is the main city of Finland. It is the center of education, business, culture and science in Finland.
Hopefully, now to the question of what European capital is located on the River Thames, Ishi, Tiber, etc., you can easily give the correct answer.