- Posted Maria Ya
- Date: November 21, 2017 at 9:57 am
How can I make my own bath font
There are quite a few kinds of fonts. If you devote some time to this issue, you can choose the only correct option for a bath. And if you have the ability to work with your hands, you will build this product yourself.
Font should be in any bath. Russian steam room with a broom and a special composition of water poured on the stove is the most useful of all types of such structures. Heat and steam in the bath dilates blood vessels, increases blood circulation, tones the skin. But this is a very large load on the heart. It is necessary to neutralize the heat in a special way, instantly cooling the body. Thus, the vessels are trained, the skin turgor improves, the heart works, the mood, hypertension, colds and viral diseases are treated, the body is hardened. Well, if the bath is on the river bank or a plot allows you to build a pool next to it.In winter, after the procedure, you can fall right into the snow. If you do not place it this way, then the only way out is to install a good font with ice water in it.
The font can be located both inside the bath and on the street.
Any font is a tank for immersion in cold water, installed in the waiting room. Size, shape, material may vary. They have only one thing in common - the supply and discharge of water. The latter can be carried out to the city sewage system (if available), to the cesspool or just to the site in the irrigation system, but only if the bath is on a slope.
A font can be equipped with a large number of different devices:
- benches inside and outside;
- massage nozzles;
- water purification and heating systems.
But it can simply consist of a container with a drain and a tap.
Modest-sized wooden tub filled with shower hose
Types of fonts
Each owner can choose the design that is ideal for his bath.
Fonts are the size of a small pool, and designed for one person. Each of them has its advantages.In a large font, the water does not heat up and pollute for a long time. Small is easier to fill, in addition, it can be installed even in a city apartment, if there is mounted a mini-sauna.
The shape of the font are:
- Round. It is beautiful, but not completely ergonomic. Such a font is difficult to enter in a small rectangular waiting room. Most often they are metal, plastic or acrylic, but sometimes wooden.
Round plastic bath for a bath is quite practical
- Oval. The most traditional form, although also not ergonomic. Such fonts, as a rule, are made of wood like wine barrels - from slats (they are called rivets or lamellae) and metal or wooden rims.
Bentwood bog oak industrial production looks pretty presentable
- Square. These fonts are more often stationary, built of concrete and tile, but are also found with wooden veneers.
Designer bath tub with headrests, steps and wood veneer is often stationary.
Different fonts and material. They are:
- Plastic. The easiest and cheapest type of fonts.The easiest way to weight, installation, attachment design drain. It has excellent performance properties: durable, mobile, easy to maintain. Unlike wooden and iron fonts, plastic can be mounted near the bathhouse on the site.
Acrylic font can be decorated under the tree
- Metallic. Also relatively inexpensive fonts with the same installation advantages. But there is a significant drawback - they cool down very quickly, so it can be unpleasant to enter them.
Stainless steel tub with water filter installed on the site is a rather complex structure.
- Concrete. By construction technology similar to home pools. Get off with a special waterproof paint, mosaic or tile.
The concrete dome, finished with mosaic, is almost a swimming pool with filters and a water heating system
- Wood. Possess healing properties and are environmentally friendly. Ready-made wooden fonts are among the most expensive. As a rule, they are made of precious woods and are a worthy decoration of your bath. The cedar font is incredibly useful and durable.This tree is not subject to rotting and desiccation, it is saturated with essential oils that will aromatize water for a long time, increasing your tone and healing the body. The larch font has the same qualities. The design of oak gives water regenerating properties and improves body resistance and sleep. Fonts are also made of pine, birch and beech.
Wooden cedar font will significantly improve your body health.
Choosing a future design of the font and material for its construction
The design and material are interrelated. Their choice equally depends on the installation site of the future font, and on your skills. If you are an expert in laying brick, tile and cement mortar, it is better to take up the concrete structure. If you love and know how to work with a tree - then for cedar or oak. But still the determining factor will be the design and size of your bath, the presence and type of sewage.
Concrete font holds a much larger cubic capacity of water than wood, but requires a well-designed drain system and significant financial costs. But it is often easier to build, and it will serve you much longer.The wooden font is very difficult to manufacture precisely in terms of tightness, you need to have great patience and accuracy in assembling, just follow the geometry of the parts.
Construction of a wooden font
Making a wooden font for a bath has its own characteristics.
Material selection features
If you have the opportunity to purchase expensive cedar, larch, beech and oak wood, then this is the best option. It is resistant to decay and deformation, durable and pleasant to the eye. But you can use pine, birch or ash, but only wood, specially treated from rotting. Boards should be grooved, but circular. Also it is worth choosing a well-dried material without knots. The optimum thickness of the board is 40 mm.
Calculation of the required material
The first thing to do is to determine the desired dimensions, then draw a drawing of your future font.
The font should be equipped with a drain.
You can also use special programs.
An approximate volumetric drawing of the future font will help to compose a special program
Based on the size of the font and the width of the boards that you have already looked after, calculate the amount of material needed on the walls and floor. Then determine how much timber you need to make steps.
Table: Required Materials
|Board on the wall of the font||120x40 mm||40 pieces|
|Board at the bottom of the product||120x40 mm||12 pieces|
|Bar on steps and legs (if necessary)||120x120x2000 mm||10 pieces|
|Metal Flexible Stainless Steel Strip||70x3x3000 mm||3 pieces|
|Bolts, nuts, screws|
|Waterproof elastic glue for wood|
|Wax water repellent for wood|
|Siphon drain design||1 piece|
|Pipes for connection to sewage|
In advance, you need to prepare and certain tools, namely:
- saw (Bulgarian, jigsaw);
- hammer, including a rubber nozzle;
- Screwdriver Set;
- a nozzle - a crown on a tree;
- drills for metal;
- sandpaper of different fractions;
The process of making the font
To make a wooden font you need:
- Cut boards and timber into pieces of the required length - for the floor, walls, steps and fasteners.
Grout boards for the font must be treated with antiseptic impregnations
- If necessary (slight deformation or the presence of burrs) lightly trim them with a plane.
- Sand thoroughly, first with a large sandpaper, then fine to a state of smoothness.
- Saturate the material with antiseptic, let the compound soak and dry the wood.
- Cover the boards and beams with wax liquid. If you plan to collect the font for glue, then it is better to use this tool when the product is already completely ready.
- Lay the floor boards of the font on a flat surface, grease the grooves and grooves with glue, line them up with a rubber hammer and fix the structure with clamps.
Boards for the bottom of the font must be carefully connected to each other.
- When the glue dries, remove and mount two additional perpendicular boards with self-tapping screws. It is possible not to use glue to fasten the elements, but to use only connecting bars. But then you need a truly jeweled fit of the boards to each other. Tightness in this case will be ensured only by swelling of the wood from moisture.
- Carefully adjust the required bottom dimensions so that later the side walls are assembled from the boards without gaps.
In advance, you need to accurately determine the number of boards for the walls of the font
- Cut with a jigsaw or grinder the bottom of the form.
Cut the bottom of the font and prepared wall boards, siphon and hoops can first be connected without fixing to determine the correct size
- In each board of the wall from one end to cut a groove of square section for connection with the lower part of the font.
- Now you can start their installation one by one, driving to the bottom and to each other, tamping with a rubber hammer. They can be fixed with glue, but its use is optional.
The bottom of the font should go into the groove of the side wall to the end
- When half the boards are installed, drill a hole in the bottom for a drain. It should not get to the location of the fixing bar.
Hole under the drain can not be done in the fixing bar
- Install and fix the drain construction with siphon in the hole, having generously missed the wood with sealant.
- Continue wall assembly.
- Finish making the construction of the last board, pounding it from above with a rubber mallet with effort. If you accurately calculate the bottom dimensions, ideally a prepared number of boards will go to the wall, and there will be no need to additionally make a narrower last element.
The installation of the last board takes place by hammering it in with a rubber nozzle.
- Cut into metal bands hoops. It is better if there will be at least three of them.The length of the hoop should be equal to the circumference of the font plus 1–2 cm.
- Bend the ends of the rims 2 cm on each side. Drill bolt holes with nuts in them.
- Each hoop to embrace the font at the required height. Connect the ends with bolts and nuts. To tap the hoop with a rubber hammer for a better fit to the tree. Between the ends there should remain a small distance, which, as the screws are tightened, will tend to zero, and the hoops will tightly fix the entire structure.
Fixing hoops should tightly fit the design of the font
Treat sealant to the junction of the bottom and sides of the font.
- If this is not done before, cover the surface of the product with wax waterproof impregnation.
- Mount the steps. There are no special rules for this process. You need to do this so that you like the end result. If desired, you can build a shelf for soap and benches inside the font.