How much stew chicken hearts: rules and methods of cooking offal
Many housewives undeservedly bypass chicken offal. Basically, the reason for this mistrust is that they do not know how to cook them properly. Take, for example, this tender meat can be cooked, stewed, fried and even made a kebab from it. Everything will depend on the personal desire and imagination of the hostess. After cooking, stewing is the most popular culinary option, one of the main indicators of which is the duration of the process. For each product has its own time frame. Therefore, the question immediately arises about how much chicken hearts to stew? Everything will depend on the method of preparation of the product.
Dish in a pot with sour cream
In the old days in Russia, meat was often extinguished in pots. This method today is quite popular. To determine how much stew chicken hearts in this way, you must try to prepare the dish yourself. Moreover, it will not be difficult to do.For work you may need: 300 grams of chicken hearts, salt, 2 medium-sized bulbs and 100 grams of sour cream.
In practice, it is easier to figure out how much to stew chicken hearts. Therefore, as soon as all the products are assembled, you can immediately start cooking:
- First, the offal must be thoroughly washed, and then be sure to cut the fat and the remaining parts of the vessels. If the product is fresh, then there may be blood inside it. It certainly needs to be removed. There are two ways to do this. If the hearts are used entirely, then you need to press well on each of them to remove the remaining clots. In the case when the recipe is required to grind the product, the pieces just need to thoroughly rinse with water.
- Onions carefully cut into half rings. In principle, the shape of the blanks can be arbitrary.
- Combine products, add sour cream, salt and mix well.
- Spread everything in pots and send in a preheated oven. How to stew chicken hearts? In principle, 30 minutes is enough for this.
After that, the finished dish is served on the table hot. As an addition, you can use any side dish (potatoes, pasta or boiled rice).
To understand exactly how much time to stew chicken hearts, you need to learn more about the product itself. Of all the giblets, they are the smallest. The weight of one heart does not exceed 30 grams. This is a muscular tissue of dark red color with a fairly dense structure. However, such a product does not require prolonged heat treatment. Half an hour is enough to quench it. During this time, the meat manages to boil well.
Longer heat treatment can cause hearts to become hard and tasteless. In addition, you must consider the recipe and technology of preparation of a particular dish. For example, when stewing with vegetables, such by-products are added first. Joint processing lasts, as a rule, no more than 20 minutes. When using dairy products, the duration of the process is increased. So, in cream the hearts are stewed for about 40 minutes. Moreover, the work must be carried out on a low fire, since with a strong boil the milk may coagulate.
Stewing in a pan
At home, to quench the hostess often use a frying pan. This is very convenient if you consider the minimum duration of the entire process.And how many stew chicken hearts in a frying pan? Depending on the specific recipe, this treatment takes from 30 to 40 minutes. For example, consider a very simple option - chicken hearts stewed in mayonnaise. This dish is quite easy to cook. You will need a minimum set of products: 1 kilogram of chicken hearts, ground pepper, 3 tablespoons of any mayonnaise, onion, salt and some vegetable oil.
- First, offal must be processed by removing from them the extra pieces of fat and large remnants of blood vessels.
- Put them in a deep plate, sprinkle with pepper and salt.
- Add mayonnaise and mix well.
- Heat a small amount of butter in a pan and put the prepared products into it.
- Pour chopped onion on top.
- Simmer on low heat for 35-40 minutes.
Leisure time can be spent on cooking side dishes. This dish is ideally suited for boiled pasta.
Technique to help
It is very convenient to cook chicken offal in a slow cooker. At the same time, using even the simplest recipe, you can make an appetizing and very tasty dish.How much to stew chicken hearts in this case? To answer this question, it is necessary to consistently consider all the technology of cooking. First you need to prepare the main ingredients: 0.7 kilograms of chicken hearts, 1 carrot, a little salt, 2 onions, sour cream, bay leaf, vegetable oil, half a glass of water and a bit of flour.
Everyone can cook such a dish in a slow cooker:
- First, onions should be arbitrarily crumbled, and chop the carrot on a grater.
- Put the products in the bowl and fry them slightly, setting the "baking" mode.
- Add processed offal and add all remaining ingredients. Flour is added by those who like a thicker sauce.
- Close the lid, then set the "quenching" mode and the timer for 60 minutes.
In a slow cooker, of course, the dish is prepared longer. But this method eliminates any additional labor costs and allows you to forget about cooking for a whole hour.