How to behave decently at the table in different situations
In fact, the rules of behavior at the table at a family dinner and in a restaurant are different.
At a family dinner visiting friends, the rules of etiquette are a little softer, as people are close to you and they can forgive or ignore some of your mistakes.
- Be sure to praise the treat, the hostess will be flattered that her efforts were appreciated;
- Do not wait for the owners to entertain you. Keep the conversation going, joking, tell funny stories from your life, but make sure that the dialogue does not turn into a monologue;
- Do not discuss politics, money and illness. Such topics at the table are irrelevant, besides, the healthy tone of the conversation can turn into a quarrel;
- If the company has people unfamiliar to you, wait until the owner introduces you to each other. It so happens that a person did not make a good impression on you, then do not come into conflict.Stay at ease and politely, because if he is among those invited, it means that the hosts wanted to see him that day;
- If you feel that you need to use a toothpick - do not prefer the language. Firstly, it looks disgusting, changing the expression of a person’s face. Secondly, during the process you can make obscene sounds. The best thing would be to do with a toothpick, very quickly and, if possible, imperceptibly;
- Do not take food from your common dish. For this there are common spoons, spatulas and tongs;
- You should not persistently offer your neighbor (and even worse - to all those present) a dish that you had to taste. Be sure all the guests know what foods are on the table, they are able to take care of themselves;
- In order not to offend the hostess, try everything she suggested as a dinner. If a dish does not meet your expectations, carefully leave it on the edge of the plate. Eat only what you liked and in moderation;
- If you doubt your skills, just behave like the others.
How to intelligently select the heating battery in a house or apartment. Comparative characteristics of radiators