How to properly flush the engine in the car?
Contaminated engine in itself is not such a terrible evil for vehicles. In the car does not change the technical characteristics, but still the "insides" of the car is better to keep clean.
Because when the engine is dirty, you will not notice if there are any leaks (for example, oil or coolant). Such leaks will lead to serious damage.
A thick layer of dirt can contribute to the overheating of the power unit due to hampered heat transfer. The result is increased fuel consumption, loss of initial power characteristics.
Also an important factor is that the engine, cleaned of dirt and dust, is not fire hazardous. And anyway, the car withclean enginemuch nicer to maintain. A car with dirty internal mechanisms, some workshops may simply not take to work.
To wash the engine without the help of a car service, you can take plain water with a special shampoo or buy a product at a car shop - a special cleaner for engines.
The main thing in flushing the engine is not to apply water with a strong jet pressure. Such a jet can damage the car in the form of corrosion in the connectors of the generator, distributor and a variety of relays. In the compartment where the motor is located, a strong pressure will wash away paper stickers with important and necessary information and cause damage to the coating of some parts.
When flushing the engine, it is necessary to use only a jet of low water pressure and good detergents for the car. Remember that cleaning products for the house do not use when cleaning the engine!
Engine flushing algorithm:
- First wrap with plastic wrap, something that can not be wetted (chopper-distributor, air intake of the air filter, connectors, generator).
- To warm up and turn off the engine. Having achieved that it was not hot, but warm!
Remove the battery.
- Apply car shampoo or a special tool and leave for a short time so that dirt and dust will disappear.
- To rub hard-to-reach and especially polluted places with a stiff brush.
- Gently rinse off the product or shampoo.
- Remove the film, which we wrapped parts that are afraid of moisture and dry the entire engine with a conventional vacuum cleaner, a balloon with compressed gas or a compressor.If none of this is at hand, then start the engine and wait until everything is dry.
- Thoroughly wipe everything with a rag.
It is advisable to flush the engine no more than twice a year. To do this, it is not necessary to go to the car wash. With the help of the tips of this article, any motorist can handle cleaning the engine.