How to put out the potatoes?
Potatoes - on our tables is one of the most frequent guests, and recipes for its preparation are innumerable. But for some reason in cooking books it is very rare to find a recipe for how to stew potatoes.
Stewed potatoes in a country style are ideally cooked in a Russian stove, in a pot, however, an ordinary pressure cooker gives a good result. However, you can use a regular saucepan, only in this case the dish will be cooked longer.
How to put out the potatoes with chicken: a step by step recipe
- Cut chicken meat in small pieces, for these purposes you can take a whole chicken, or use already cut up pieces.
- Pour the sliced meat with a small amount of water and simmer in a pressure cooker for about 20 minutes. Add at once a couple of bay leaves, a few black peas and allspice, you can put a clove. Per kg of potatoes you need to take about 500 grams. meat.
- While the chicken is stewing, we clean the potatoes, rinse and cut into large pieces.
- Take a couple of large carrots, peel and rub on a medium grater, approximately, as for Korean salad. Well, a little cry, peeling a couple of bulbs.
Well, you can begin to actually stew the potatoes. If you do not want pieces of chicken skin in the stewed potatoes, it is better to remove them immediately.
- Sprinkle potatoes in a pressure cooker, add grated carrots and finely chopped onions. Do not forget to immediately salt the potatoes to taste, then it will be softer and more tender.
- Optionally, in the dish, you can add 2 tablespoons of tomato paste, or a couple of peeled skin and chopped tomatoes.
- Then pour the potatoes with water. Water should not cover the whole potato, it is better if it will be steamed. Tightly close the pressure cooker and simmer the potatoes on medium heat for about 30 minutes. If you cook in a regular saucepan, then you need to add more water, and close the lid more tightly. You can mix a couple of times.
- Before serving, the potatoes should be mixed, and you can sprinkle with fresh chopped greens.
Thinking how to stew potatoes with meat? Yes, exactly the same as with chicken! You can take any meat, for an amateur you can make a dish with meat on ribs. Only in this case the meat should be stewed a little longer, so that it becomes softer.