Medicinal properties of corn silk
Everyone knows what corn is. But not everyone knows whatcorn silk. These are silky brown or yellowish fibers that frame the ear.
The healing properties of corn silk are used for weight loss, improving the separation of bile, dissolving stones, as a hemostatic agent.
Corn silk mussels are harvested at the end of August-September, during the ripening period of the cob, the threads are torn off. Blacked and damaged fibers are removed from harvested beams.
The collected fibers are laid out on paper or gauze in a thin layer, dried in the shade in the open air or in dryers at a temperature of + 40 ° C.
The finished product is stored in a closed container or in fabric bags for up to a year. After the stigma of corn lose their medicinal properties.
When stored in a place with high humidity, the effect of application may change: instead of diuretic properties, the product will have a laxative effect.
Preparations of corn silk, cooked alone or purchased in a pharmacy, stimulate the separation of bile, reduce its viscosity, increase blood clotting.
Corn stigmas are used in the treatment of cholecystitis, hepatitis, urolithiasis, nephritis.
Clinical studies have found that stigmas contribute to the dissolution of kidney stones, have a diuretic effect, reduce blood sugar levels.
A positive result was also recorded in the treatment of diseases of the liver and gallbladder, pancreatitis. It turned out to be lower cholesterol levels, normal immune processes, insulin synthesis.
Corn silk contains vitamins C and K, trace elements iron, manganese, chromium, copper, aluminum.
Part of the bitterness cause choleretic action.
Bitter glycoside substances were found in the stigmas of maize, as well as saponins, fatty oils, pantothenic acid, inositol, sitosterol, stigmasterol.
Corn silk increases blood clotting, so they are used for bleeding.
Hemostatic Infusion Recipe:
- Brew 1.s.l. a glass of boiling water, insist, drain.
Take 1.l. up to 6 times a day every three hours.
Corn stigmas treat kidney diseases, the infusion has an anti-inflammatory effect. It is used as a weak diuretic:
- Brew a glass of boiling water 2s.l. chopped fibers, insist hour, drain.
Take half a cup 3 times a day.
In case of kidney failure, limit salt and fluid intake.
You can cook a decoction:
- Brew 1 dessert spoon of raw material with a glass of boiling water, simmer for 20 minutes, insist for half an hour, drain.
Take 2.l. every 3 hours.
Medicinal properties of corn silk are used to dissolve stones in the kidneys, ureters, bladder.
Prepare the infusion:
- Brew 1ch.l. crushed raw material with a glass of boiling water, to insist for an hour in a closed glass container, strain.
Take 1/3 cup half an hour before meals three times a day. Insist to store in the refrigerator no more than 3 days.
Long reception (3-4 months) allows to dissolve or reduce the sizes of stones.
Another prescription for treating the body's urinary system:
- Place 1st liter stigmas of corn into a glass of freshly boiled milk, cook for 10 minutes over low heat, strain, bring to the boil again.
Take 1/3 cup half an hour before meals.
Included in the unsaturated fatty acids are useful property to reduce cholesterol in the blood, which is especially important in the treatment of cholelithiasis.
Apply liquid extract of corn silk - 30-40 drops 2-3 times before meals, or decoction:
- Brew 1.s.l. raw glass of boiling water, insist, drain.
Take 1.l. 4-5 times a day.
The healing properties of corn silk are used in gallstone disease, for dissolving and removing stones:
- Brew 1-2.l. a glass of boiling water, insist half an hour, strain. Take 1.l. 6 times a day.
For diseases of the gallbladder, tincture of corn silk is also used:
- Pour 1.sl. raw materials 200 ml of vodka, insist 8 days in a dark cool place, periodically shaking the container, drain.
Take 20 drops in 1/3 cup of water before eating.
To reduce the viscosity of bile, to restore the damaged liver cells, prepare an infusion:
- Pour 2s.l. vegetable raw materials 1l of water, boil in a lidded enamel bowl for 15 minutes on low heat, insist half an hour, strain.
Take ½ cup half an hour before meals for 3-4 months.
With the accumulation in the body of harmful substances with which the liver can not cope, develops hepatitis, liver failure, liver cirrhosis.
Treat liver disease under the supervision of a physician. When using corn silk it is necessary to coordinate the dosage and duration of administration.
Alcohol tinctures are contraindicated for any liver diseases. Therefore, treatment should be carried out with water decoctions and infusions.
Therapeutic and prophylactic agent for hepatitis and liver diseases:
- Brew 1 glass of boiled water in a teapot in a teapot, insist, drain.
Take 3-4 sips 3-4 times a day.
The treatment can last up to six months.
When hepatitis is useful infusion of corn silk and hypericum:
- Mix 15g of corn silk and 15g of Hypericum grass, put in a thermos, boil 500ml boiling water, leave for 7-8 hours, drain.
Take 1.l. half an hour before meals for 7-10 days. After a break for 5 days and repeat the course.
For hepatitis and liver failure, an infusion of stigmas and golden whiskers is helpful:
- Grind and mix 1.sl. stigmas and 12 joints of golden whiskers, put in a thermos, boil 1 liter of boiling water, insist 8 hours, strain.
Take 1.l. twice a day, half an hour before meals.To be treated within 2-3 months. After 10 days of taking breaks for 5 days.
Medicinal properties of corn silk reduce appetite, help to cope with overweight.
For cooking broth:
- Grind 15g stigma, boil 300 ml of boiling water, simmer in a water bath for 30 minutes, insist, drain.
Take chilled at 3.l. before eating.
Corn Silk Infusion Recipe:
- Brew a glass of boiling water 10g of raw materials, insist, strain.
Take 1-2 pp in the morning on an empty stomach half an hour before breakfast.
Also broths and extracts of stigmas of corn increase the activity of defense cells, help strengthen the immune system.
Harm and contraindications
Corn stigmas are not taken for increased blood clotting, thrombosis and thrombophlebitis.
Do not take infusions, tinctures, decoctions for varicose veins.
The healing properties of corn silk can cause damage with reduced appetite and insufficient body mass, with depletion of the body.
The diuretic effect may cause a shortage of potassium, so it is necessary to ensure its intake in the body in sufficient quantities with food.