Oxytocin or “love hormone” is a special hormone of the hypothalamus, which is responsible for such feelings as love, tenderness, affection.A particularly large amount of this unique substance is produced in pregnant women at the time of birth.
Oxytocin is produced in the brain - the hypothalamus, which is responsible for the endocrine system, the metabolism and the functioning of the sex glands in the body. After the hypothalamus, oxytocin enters the pituitary gland, from where it is carried by blood throughout the body. It is known that the hormone oxytocin is also found in the heart, the digestive tract and the uterus.
Effect of oxytocin on the human body
- oxytocin reduces smooth muscles - muscles of the urinary and gallbladder, intestines, ureters;
- In the female body, oxytocin is responsible for the contraction of the muscles of the mammary glands to excrete milk.
Alcohol, alcoholic compresses can become a significant obstacle to oxytocin.
- Oxytocin is also responsible for the contraction of the muscles of the uterus, contributing to childbirth.
The positive effect of the hormone oxytocin on the muscles of the uterus can be countered by the hormone progesterone, and another hormone, adrenaline, can suppress the secretion of oxytocin.Therefore, when oxytocin is deficient, it is only injected intravenously or intramuscularly.
Oxytocin is used to stimulate labor, for induction of labor according to medical indications. It is used for caesarean section, atonic bleeding, uterine atony.
- oxytocin stops uterine bleeding after gynecological operations;
- hormone helps to reduce the pain threshold;
- oxytocin suppresses stress;
- helps to achieve orgasm during sexual intercourse;
- hormone oxytocin forms maternal instinct;
- Beneficial effect of the hormone oxytocin on the human psyche: increase confidence in the words of the interlocutor, improve mood, promotes sexual and friendships.
Stimulation of oxytocin synthesis occurs through the nerve receptors of the skin. His level is greatly enhanced during a romantic relationship.
- oxytocin inhibits a specific part of the brain that is responsible for regulating feelings of fear and anxiety.
With the introduction of the hormone oxytocin into the human body, a “high level of confidence” appears twice as often.
Related newsNews not found Oxytocin image, picture