Removing the catalyst does not seem too difficult
The catalyst does not know how to choke the motor, because init can not create any interference as a resistance to any flow of gases that has already worked. His clogged honeycombs speak only of the negligent attitude of the driver to the car. In addition, this is the result of using the car with a non-functioning fuel delivery system or ignition.
Causes of breakage
The catalyst may fail if:
- Additives are added to gasoline.
- Used poor-quality fuel.
- The fuel-air mixture is incorrectly selected.
- The catalyst has mechanical damage.
- As a result of aging.
Catalyst: replacement is needed if ...
1. Turn out the oxygen gauge, screw in its place a manometer and measure pressure of an exhaust system. If the pressure exceeds 0.5 atm in any operating mode, this indicates that the oxygen sensor is clogged.
2. Warm up the motor to the same extent as if you were driving along the road for 30 minutes, then measure the temperature before and after the catalyst with a pyrometer. If the temperature is the same, this indicates that the catalyst is faulty.
3. You hear a ringing or noise inside it, immediately start repair.
Removal of catalyst
In the CIS, the most common reason forit stops working, is a bad fuel quality. Gasoline of poor quality burns very slowly. For this reason, an explosion occurs halfway in the exhaust pipe, and half in the combustion chamber.
The catalyst in the car is a ceramicstructure. It has rather thin walls (they resemble bee honeycombs). Removal of the catalyst is necessary, because during the detonation of gasoline on the surface of its walls, the complete destruction of this structure begins. Why is this happening, and how to stop such a process? Here we will try to tell you about this.
For some time,self-killing of the catalyst, therefore a barrier is created for the incandescent fumes. Removal of the catalyst is necessary, because as a result, the engine overheats and loses its full thrust.
However, this is not the main trouble. The main problem is the formation of high pressure gases between the catalyst and the engine. Each time after the engine is muffled, it stops in the state of an open system of gas distribution. And instead of flying into the exhaust pipe, the pressure destroys small particles of the catalyst walls. They fly out whenever the valve opens, and fall back into the engine, the piston and the combustion chamber of the gases. During the next engine start, the ceramic particles from the catalyst mix with the oil that remains on the walls of the cylinders. Removal of the catalyst is extremely necessary, since an abrasive paste is formed, and in the worst case it will lead to irreversible results - the unit will completely fail and stop working.
The main thing is to make diagnostics on timecatalyst, when it is still at the initial stage of destruction. Do not wait for the light to signal you about this. The earlier you tackle the problem, the cheaper you will be to repair. After all, sometimes the exhaust system can even catch fire.