Rostelecom: how to connect WiFi?
Company "Rostelecom" among other optionsgives its customers the opportunity to use a wireless network Wi-Fi. To organize access to a Wi-Fi network at the same time is not difficult, you just need to buy a special modem-router and properly configure it.
In this article we will tell you how to connect Wi-Fi from "Rostelecom" using one of the most popular D-Link DIR-300 routers.
The first step is to enable the router tousing a classic plug, then connect the Internet cable to the INTERNET connector, which is entered by the provider into your apartment. Now you need to connect the computer and the router using an Ethernet cable. This connection is necessary only at the initial setting. When you set up a Wi-Fi network, you will not need to connect the computer and the router.
- Open the menu bar "Start", "Control Panel", then "Network and Sharing Center".
- Choose an accessible network, open its "Properties" - "Internet Protocol (TCP / IP)".
- In the new window, select "Obtain an IP address automatically" and "Obtain the DNS server address automatically."
- Save the changes.
Configuring the Router
- We open any browser and drive into the search string http://192.168.0.1.
- In the appeared window enter in the field "User name" - admin and "Password" - admin.
- You will see the interface for setting up the modem, select the "Network" section, then - WAN.
- We click on the connection to the dynamic IP.
- In the properties of the network, set: "DNS" - automatically, "IGMP" - active. Other settings remain unchanged.
- Click the "Save" button, then in a new window "Add".
- In the window that opens, set the parameters:
- "Main settings": "Connection type" - PPPoE, "Port" - Port5, "Name" - any, "Enable" option to activate.
- "Ethernet": "MTU" - 1500, "MAC" - select the address.
- "PPP": "Username" and "Password" - according to the agreement with the provider (after setting these parameters you will use them only if you need to access the settings of the router instead of the admin / admin pair), "Authentication algorithm" "AUTO", "MTU" - 1492, "LCP interval" - 30, LCP failure - 3, "Keep alive" - tick, no other parameters are noted.
- "Miscellaneous": "Enable RIP" and "Enable IGMP" - do not tick, "NAT" and "Firewall" - tick.
- Save the settings.
Set up Wi-Fi
- We go to the settings section of the "Wi-Fi" router, activate the wireless connection and go to the "Basic settings" tab, select the network name, do not touch the other parameters.
- Go to "Security Settings", set "Authentication System" - WPA / WPA2 mixed, set the password, do not touch the other parameters.
- Save the settings.
- We exit to the main settings menu of the router, click the "Save and reload" button.
- If everything is done correctly, an available Wi-Fi network will appear on your computer.
In general, the scheme is quite long, but there should not be any difficulties in setting up, if you follow all instructions exactly.
Read also: How to connect a home Internet | Home Internet Rostelecom and other articles from the section Setting up and connecting the Internet.