To introduce something rectally is where and how?
Quite often in the annotations to the drugs you cansee a note that they should be used rectally. In addition, people often hear about rectal examinations. No matter how amazing it may sound, but not everyone knows what it means. However, not everyone dares to ask a sacramental question: "Rectal? This is where? "Well, we will dispel doubts about everything that is connected with this definition!
What does it mean?
So, by this term is meant onlyonly the fact that manipulations will be performed with the rectum through the anus (in other words, the anus). That's all, nothing complicated, terrible or incomprehensible.
If the drugs are administered rectally, is this where and how should they be administered?
Most often, candles are used in this way. They can be prescribed for lowering the temperature, eliminating the pain syndrome, treating various diseases (hemorrhoids, cancer). Such a drug should be injected into the anus. To do this is not so difficult, but many doubt how correctly to administer the drug rectally. This is where the pointed tip of the candle should be pointed, and how deep to insert? About everything in order:
- First you need to put a blister with the medicine inrefrigerator for a few minutes, because otherwise the candles just melt in their hands. You can just hold a candle (in the package) under a stream of cool water.
- Immediately before the introduction of the product, you should wash your hands (thoroughly, with soap). You can wear gloves (medical).
- Open the package, remove the candle.
- To make the introduction as painless as possible, lubricate the pointed end of the candle with some lubricant (without petroleum jelly).
- Then to the one to whom the candle is introduced, it is necessary to lie on one side. The leg that is below should be straightened, and the one that is on top is pulled to the stomach.
- The upper buttock should be raised, the patient should relax at the same time. The candle is inserted into the anal opening to a depth of about 2.5-5 cm (children - 2.5 to 3 cm). It is convenient to do this with your index finger.
- As soon as the candle is introduced, the buttocks need to be squeezed and lie still for about 5 minutes. As you can see, it's quite easy to introduce a rectal candle!
In what other cases can you hear this definition?
Rectal examination is often prescribed. This is done by both surgeons and gynecologists. Knowing that such an examination is necessary, it is worthwhile to clarify in advance whether an enema is needed.
Periodically, the temperature is measured in this way. Sometimes this manipulation is rectal - this is much more expedient than the traditional way (axillary). This is especially common in the treatment of children. True, you will need a special thermometer (from mercury models it is highly recommended to refuse in favor of electronic or those using tin).
The baby will have to be put on the tummy, take offclothing that covers the buttocks. To facilitate the procedure, you can put a pillow under the baby's thighs. The thermometer is introduced to a depth of about 2 cm. The duration of the measurement is no more than 5 minutes.