Urine analysis for sowing: how to take, decoding results
Urine culture is a study that is conducted to detect bacteria that cause a study of the results of urine analysis for seeding makes it possible to establish the true causes of inflammatory processes in various infectious diseases, so it is widely used for diagnosis in many fields of medicine.
Bacterial urine culture
This analysis identifies and identifies microorganisms contained in urine. According to the results determine their concentration, which allows you to set the level at which the development of abnormal changes in the body of the individual.The indisputable advantage of urine analysis on a sowing tank is its high information content and correctness of the results. The results of laboratory studies provide unique information that cannot be obtained using other methods. Some inconveniences include the long duration and increased requirements for the purity of the material being examined.Very often, a sowing tank is performed to establish a diagnosis for the following diseases:
- mycoplasmosis - the urinary system is affected;
- ureaplasmosis - an infection attacks the genitals;
- trichomoniasis is the most common infection of the genitourinary system in the world;
- candidiasis - develops on the background of reduced immunity.
Indications for analysis
Urine is sterile and does not contain any microorganisms if the person is healthy. The appearance of bacteria in it indicates infection in the organs of the urinary system. This can happen with the disease cystitis, pyelonephritis and urethritis. Patients may have lower abdomen pain, pain during urination, possible unpleasant odor, turbidity and blood in urine. A urine sowing test is not as frequent as a general urine test. The most important advantage is the reliability of the results. Most often, such an analysis is prescribed by gynecologists, urologists, and nephrologists in case of suspected inflammatory processes caused by infection or the need to determine the sensitivity of bacteria to a specific group of antibiotics. Such studies are shown:
- in case of suspected infection of the organs of the excretory system (inflammation and abnormality of the kidneys, bladder, urolithiasis);
- to test the effectiveness of therapy;
- with reduced immunity;
- to control the treatment process;
- with symptoms of diabetes and tuberculosis;
- for HIV infection;
- to clarify or confirm the diagnosis;
- women during pregnancy.
The data obtained as a result of the analysis of urine on the tank sowing, will be used by the attending physician to select the correct treatment regimen for the patient.
How to prepare for the analysis of bacteriological seeding?
For the reliability of the research result should be properly prepared for it:
- On the eve of the test, do not drink a lot of liquid, as this will violate the correctness of the result, due to a decrease in the number of bacteria in the biological fluid.
- Refuse spicy, salty and fatty foods, smoked meats, spicy spices.
- Do not drink alcohol and carbonated drinks.
- Do not take vitamins, diuretics.
- Limit physical activity, do not go to the sauna and bath.
- Purchase in a pharmacy a special container for testing urine for sowing.
- For the correct result of the analysis should exclude the impact on the flora of drugs. When a patient takes antibiotics, they do planting only seven days after the end of the course of treatment, and ideally two.
How to collect a urine test?
From the correct collection of biomaterial data depends on the result of the sowing tank, so collect it, fulfilling the following requirements:
- The morning portion of urine, taken immediately after sleep, is suitable for analysis.
- Within two hours after they are collected, samples must be delivered to the laboratory.
- You should first make a careful toilet genitals. Women are better to close the vagina with a cotton swab.
- In the container is taken the middle part of urine. The beginning and end of urination to commit to the toilet. The volume of biomaterial should be approximately 10 ml.
- In the cold season it is necessary to ensure that the biological fluid does not freeze during transportation.
How long is the analysis done?
The exact period of readiness of the results can be given by a specific laboratory where the processing of the research results is performed. Practice shows that the urine analysis for sowing on average lasts about ten days.Collected urine is placed in a special environment in which the reproduction and growth of bacteria.The result is considered negative if the number of microorganisms does not increase and is positive - otherwise. In addition to their growth, pay attention to the concentration of bacteria, at which the infection begins to progress rapidly. With a positive result, the causative agent is identified and an effective drug is selected to combat the infection. At the same time, urine analysis is done on seeding sensitivity to antibiotics. This is a very important point for successful treatment.
What does the result of the analysis mean?
According to the results of the analysis, information on colony-forming units is revealed, which indicates the amount of viable microorganisms in 1 ml of urine. A collection of cells forms a colony. In the printout of the results of the analysis, all types of microorganisms will be listed: bacteria, fungi, protozoa, indicating their number in milliliter of biological fluid (CFU / ml). In addition, a list of medicines sensitive to each of the listed bacteria will be presented.
Deciphering the urine culture analysis shows that if the CFU / ml value is:
- Less than 1000, this is considered normal and the patient does not need any treatment.
- At indications from 1000 to 100 000 it is necessary to repeat the sowing tank. Most likely, the rules for the preparation or collection of urine analysis were violated.
- With indicators of more than 100,000 in the urine contains pathogens, therefore, a course of treatment is needed, which the attending physician will select.
How is urine analysis performed for seeding?
Bacteriuria is the presence of bacteria in the urine. This phenomenon has two varieties: true and false. True - this is when microorganisms multiply in the urinary tract. Bacteria enter urine through the kidneys from other organs during false bacteriuria. As one, and other varieties can proceed without any symptoms. This once again confirms the importance of carrying out the sowing of urine for the detection of the disease at an early stage.Sowing analysis may take about 10 days. The biomaterial in the laboratory is placed in a nutrient medium, and during the day it is in the incubator. The grown bacteria are sown again, but already in a Petri dish and again put in an incubator for a day. Further, the resulting colonies of bacteria continue to grow for some time.Then make their identification in appearance and properties. After that, conduct tests to determine the sensitivity to antibacterial agents. All the results obtained during the analysis are recorded in the general table.
Why do I need a tank for sowing urine during pregnancy?
The urine analysis for seeding during pregnancy is considered one of the most important. He is appointed immediately after the woman’s registration, as well as in the third trimester. This is done in order to preserve the health of the future baby. A future mother may not notice a chronic or asymptomatic form of an infectious disease of the urogenital system for some time, and the results of a general urinalysis may be normal. Only analysis of urine culture for flora can reveal a hidden form of the disease.
Pyelonephritis in a pregnant woman
Often, women in the situation find an inflammatory process in the kidneys, the causes of which can be:
- Reducing the tone of the ureters. Under the influence of hormones, the structure of the ureters changes, as a result, their tone decreases, which leads to stagnation of urine, and comfortable conditions for reproduction are formed for pathogenic microorganisms.
- Increasing the size of the uterus. The urinary tract is compressed all the time by the growing uterus and as a result, urine stagnates.
- Hormonal disruptions. Violations of the outflow of urine and is due to the expansion of the ovarian veins, which squeeze the ureter.
Pyelonephritis can cause intrauterine infection and lead to spontaneous miscarriage, and in the third trimester to premature delivery. To identify the disease in the early stages, and to start treatment in a timely manner is to save the life and health of the future baby.
How to take a urine test on the tank sowing during pregnancy?
Incorrect urine sampling often distorts the results of tests. Therefore, you must follow some simple rules:
- to purchase a special plastic container for urine collection in a pharmacy in advance;
- for the day to exclude from the diet products that stain urine;
- not to take diuretics and other drugs that may distort the results of the study;
- reduce physical activity, so as not to increase the amount of protein in the urine;
- refrain from intercourse;
- thoroughly wash the external genitalia and wipe dry with a napkin;
- cover the opening of the vagina with a sterile cotton swab to prevent the discharge of particles into the urine;
- collect the morning portion of the biomaterial in a prepared container, taking only its middle portion; sufficient volume for analysis is 10 ml;
- The container with the contained biological fluid is delivered to the laboratory within two hours after collection.
It happens that a study on a tank for urine culture, which was collected in the usual way, does not give a clear picture. In this case, a puncture is done in the pubic area and a biological fluid is taken, excluding any contamination. Having received a referral for research, you should be familiar with how to pass a urine analysis for sowing, so that the results do not distort the true picture of the health status of the mother and the future baby.
Deciphering tank urine sow during pregnancy
In the body of any healthy person contains various pathogens. With a small amount of them, a person is healthy. The interpretation of the analysis results is carried out by a doctor. However, it takes into account the results of other studies, the presence of toxicosis and the general condition of the woman.Norm tank seeding during pregnancy is no different from the norm of a healthy person in the normal state. A urine analysis for seeding shows that only with values greater than 10,000 CFU / ml in the body of a pregnant woman, pathogenic microorganisms are detected. In such a situation, the attending doctor prescribes an appropriate treatment so that the mother and the fetus feel normal and healthy. After completing the course of therapy, which usually lasts three weeks, a second urine test is recommended for bacteriological examination. The treatment is repeated if the result is again unsatisfactory, having previously made an additional urinalysis for inoculation with antibiotics, in order to once again verify the correctness of the chosen drugs for the elimination of the infection.
One of the most successful and most reliable tests is the bacteriological culture of urine, which allows you to identify various pathogens of the infectious nature of the urogenital system and assess their concentration.
Medical workers prescribe urine culture for prophylactic purposes, for newly ill patients and chronic patients.The results of bacteriological seeding of urine give the doctor the opportunity to acquire exceptional information that other studies cannot determine.