What is PPP? Patrol and inspection service: tasks, functions, strengths and means
Most people are well aware of what PPP is, but not all. Meanwhile, this is one of the activities of the bodies of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, which is carried out by outfits - employees in uniform who serve. Interpretation of PPS - patrol service. Its employees have special clothes and patrol certain routes, areas in order to protect citizens and ensure their personal safety, as well as public order. The fight against crime is the main purpose of this service of the Ministry of Internal Affairs. That is what PPP is.
Places of Service
Taking into account the fact that the safety of citizens in public places is the main purpose of the patrol service, it is logical to assume that the places of service are streets, public transport, train stations, airports. At the places of public events, the presence of employees of this service is mandatory.
Now that we understand what PPP is, we can consider the basic functions and the tasks assigned to the service. The Charter defines its main purpose:
- Ensuring public order on the streets, in public transport and other places that are public.
- Ensuring the safety of citizens, as well as the suppression of crimes (criminal and administrative) on the patrol sites.
- Detention of persons who have committed crimes or hiding from the investigation or court.
- Assistance to other agencies of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, including officers of the criminal police during the execution.
- Assisting people who have been victims of crime or accidents. This also applies to people who are in a helpless or life-threatening condition.
- Protection of freedoms, life, rights of citizens, prevention of unlawful attacks on their health or property.
- Ensuring order at public events, responding to attempts to violate the established rule of law and suppress them.
- Taking urgent measures to save people and assist them in accidents, catastrophes, fires and any other natural disasters.Call an ambulance to the location of the affected person.
- Interaction with citizens to ensure security and maintain public order.
- Perform actions to prevent crimes that are committed through other units.
- Taking part, within the framework of existing powers, in carrying out tasks related to the transfer of the internal affairs bodies to the regime of work during wartime.
- Taking part in counter-terrorism operations.
To more effectively perform these tasks, the patrol service has certain organizational structures, including a system of devices for organizing work.
While serving, units of the faculty must pay attention to the following:
- People who show suspicious concern, dressed out of season or in clothes that do not match their height and build. Also, various kinds of dressings or injuries should cause increased attention to such a person.
- Citizens who often appear at an object where material values are stored. It can be banking institutions, businesses, shops.It is especially important to remain vigilant if these citizens show an interest in the state of the windows or fences.
- Groups of citizens (for example, youth) who gather in courtyards or public gardens. But at the same time unjustified unlawful actions that could lead to conflict situations should not be allowed.
- Suspicious noises, smoke from buildings, etc.
What is forbidden?
- To hand over their weapons to anyone, with the exception of the persons to whom they are subordinate.
- Distracted from the service and the more sleep.
- Go without the need for restaurants, shops and other facilities.
- Leave his post (route), except as specified in Article 110 of the Charter.
- Change the form of faculty to civilian during service.
The structure of the police faculty consists of a system of devices, which has three levels. At the federal level, the GUUP MIA has a department for the coordination and organization of law enforcement activities. It is the one who directs the work of special police units of the police - the teaching staff.
The units themselves are created in cities and villages where there is a need to protect public order.Also, these field services can be reorganized and liquidated in accordance with the law of the Russian Federation and other legal acts. The number of units of this service is determined by the Government of the Russian Federation, and it is financed from money allocated by the federal budget.
You should now clearly understand what PPP is, but the question is still not fully disclosed. It is known that the service has four groups of forces: the main, additional, interacting and attached. The combatant units and units are the main forces of the PPS service. The construction of units is determined based on the structure of the Ministry of Internal Affairs.
Consequently, all units in the form of platoons or battalions are part of the staff of the Ministry of Internal Affairs. To ensure the possibility of maneuvering the means and forces of the units in the ministries of internal affairs, a mobile operational reserve is created - separate battalions of the teaching staff, which, in fact, are independent structures. These include riot police.
The group of the main forces includes motorized formations and military units of the troops of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, operational units - all of them are intended for service and participation in ensuring public order and security in crowded places.
Naturally, the police have other services, whose function is to perform linear tasks - the allocation of different types of clothes. Traffic police patrols and posts, as well as private security attire are just such species. Unlike classic patrols, the task of additional forces of the structure is somewhat different, and the protection of public order is their only additional task.
These forces can be represented as personnel of the subunits of the PPS and combat units. It can also be other services, for example, educational institutions, troops of the Ministry of Internal Affairs. However, they do not operate at the place of deployment, that is, in the territories of other bodies.
Attached forces can be attracted in different cases:
- To ensure law and order in a place of mass gathering of people. For example, it may be an open concert, festival, etc. In these places there is an increased danger of committing a crime, therefore, additional PPP forces are required here.
- Help citizens in case of fires or the outbreak of infectious diseases of people, plane crashes.
- To strengthen the units in the fight against crime, to search and arrest dangerous criminals in the event of a sharp increase in the number of violations in a certain area or the whole city.
Cooperative forces are usually understood as voluntary people's guards - detachments that assist the work of the police. This may be the Cossacks, private security guards or other social forces.
It is also important to note the PPP machines, which can be called interacting forces. This includes equipment and communications. In particular, the means used to carry the patrol service are divided into 4 types:
- Vehicles - vehicles for patrols, the work of traffic police services and immediate response teams. Most vehicles are represented by cars, but boats, motorcycles, helicopters, and in rare cases, armored personnel carriers can also be used.
- Communications equipment - walkie-talkies, GLONASS systems, speech enhancement tools.
- Armament and equipment - service weapons, body armor, shields, handcuffs, gas cylinders, helmets, electric shock guns, flashlights. Also the form of the faculty can be attributed to this item.
- Animals - patrol dogs and horses.
In order for work in the faculty and public order to be carried out effectively, the governing body needs to constantly take actions that are aimed at the distribution and use of the means and forces of this service.
We can distinguish the following actions on the organization of the service:
- The study of the situation in the territory, as well as the identification of the main areas where there is a need for putting on police squads taking into account the time and place of the offense. For example, in the territory adjacent to nightclubs, violations are more frequent, therefore there is a need to strengthen the presence of the teaching staff in the evening and at night.
- Establishment of certain standards for the daily deployment of personnel and the use of vehicles for patrols.
- Manage outfits.
Each function can be considered in more detail. The very first action - the study of the situation. It is by the results of the "intelligence" that the most suitable places are determined, where the police must be present. As for the management of outfits, here we have in mind the continuous and purposeful impact of the authorities on the work of the PPS of the Russian Federation through the adoption of certain decisions and functions to coordinate actions, combat crime,road safety, etc.
Now you know the interpretation of the faculty and understand the purpose of this service MIA. Note that now there is a need for patrols on the streets, especially in the evening.