What is xeroderma pigment, its causes and methods of treatment
Treatments for pathology
Treatment of the disease is symptomatic, as there are no healing methods at the moment in medicine.
- If the diagnosis was made in the early stages of the disease, the doctor prescribes a means of reducing the sensitivity of the skin to the action of solar energy.
- To strengthen the body to enhance its protective functions, immunocorrective treatment is prescribed. The doctor prescribes a complex of vitamins and minerals.
- To reduce inflammation on the skin, it is recommended to use ointments, which include cytostatics and corticosteroids.
- In order to avoid sensitizing processes, the use of desensitizing and antihistamine medications is prescribed.
- To protect the body from the harmful effects of sunlight, recommended the use of drugs with sunscreen functions,having a greater degree of protection.
Patients with Sanctis-Caccione syndrome should be monitored by a neurologist.
The disease at the hyperkeratic stage, when warts and other neoplasms form on the skin, is treated with surgery.
Methods of treatment:
The affected skin segments are cauterized by electric current. Thus, the vessels supplying the newly formed tissue with blood are stopped.
A laser beam having a conditioned wavelength affects the affected area on the body. However, normal tissue is not damaged.
The method includes the effect of liquid nitrogen on the neoplasm. This method does not cause pain and does not bleed.