What without can replace rice vinegar without harm to the taste of dishes
Rice vinegar is a healthy product that is used to prepare oriental dishes. This is an indispensable ingredient for rolls and sushi, which can not be excluded from the recipe, but can be replaced.
Rice Vinegar - Properties and Features of Application
There are many kinds of vinegars - wine, apple, rice, balsamic, table. Each has its own characteristics:
- White wine vinegar is softer than balsamic, makes an interesting note in salads, sauces, meat. Its variety is grape vinegar. It has a sweet and sour taste and light aroma.
- Apple cider vinegar is recognizable in dishes due to its light sour-fruity taste and delicate aroma.
- Balsamic vinegar is dark and thick, with a sweet-sour taste. It is suitable for filling soups, salads and desserts.
- Table vinegar is nothing to be confused with, as it has a strong smell and a burning sour taste.Among the other vinegars, he is the most concentrated. This is a synthetic product, however, vinegar is popular because of its low cost and is used in pickling vegetables, fruits, meat, as a dressing for salads.
- Rice vinegar gives the most delicate flavor. It is used for marinating fish, dressing salads and sauces, for making rolls and sushi.
From rice vinegar prepare rice sushi and rolls dressing
Rice vinegar has a mild flavor and a delicate aroma, as well as less acidity, in comparison with other types of vinegar. It is a dietary product and is good for health.
- Does not damage the mucous membrane of the stomach, is not contraindicated in people with diseases of the digestive system.
- Contains amino acids and trace elements, helps to eliminate toxins from the body.
- Contributes to the normalization of metabolism.
Rice vinegar in sushi is not an ordinary ingredient that can be excluded. It performs an important function - fastens rice and algae. If it is not possible to use it during the preparation of rolls or sushi, there are two options:
- self-cook rice vinegar;
- replace it.
Rice Vinegar - Healthy Dietary Product
What can replace it in recipes sushi and rolls
Sushi and rolls are especially loved by gourmets. Many people want to eat at no cost by preparing them with their own hands. Sometimes it is difficult to buy vinegar, which plays the role of refueling in dishes, because of its absence in the store or high prices.Excluding it from the recipe is not recommended, as the end result is unlikely to please.But you can replace it. Apple, wine (white or grape) vinegar, as well as ginger marinade or lemon juice are considered to be good alternatives in the preparation of sushi and rolls. Calculate the amount of dressing and rice in a ratio of 1: 5. In general, you can add it to rice to taste.
Ideal Substitutes - Gallery
Apple and wine vinegar dressing
Preparing apple cider vinegar dressing, you can give rice a delicate taste and fruity aroma.You will need the following ingredients:
- vinegar - 2 tbsp.l .;
- sugar - 2 tsp;
- salt - 1 tsp;
- hot water - 3 tbsp. l
Mix in the saucepan apple cider vinegar with sugar and salt. Add hot water and mix the ingredients well until a uniform dressing is obtained.
White wine vinegar also perfectly replaces rice, as they are similar in taste and aroma.
Please note: the recipe uses nori seaweed, not laminaria (sea kale)!
List of required products:
- 2.5 Art. l wine vinegar;
- 2.5 Art. l Sahara;
- ½ tsp. salts;
- 1 sheet of nori.
Mix all the ingredients and heat the resulting mixture, add the crushed sheet of nori. Beat the ingredients until smooth. If you cook a dressing with nori, then you can not add it when cooking rice for sushi and rolls.
Wine vinegar with nori addition - an excellent sushi dressing
Video - cooking rice dressing
Lemon juice will well impregnate rice for rolls and add a pleasant sour taste. You will need the following products:
- lemon juice - 2 tbsp. l .;
- sugar - 1 tsp;
- warm water - 2 tbsp. l .;
- salt - ½ tsp.
Pour in 2 tbsp. l warm water in lemon juice, add sugar and salt and mix everything thoroughly.
Lemon juice is well impregnated with rice used to make sushi, rolls
Controversial options: unusual balsamic and ordinary table
Cooks agree that balsamic vinegar is not suitable for filling sushi and rolls, because it changes the taste of rice to bright herbal.But there is still no unanimous opinion about the dining room. His opponents do not recommend this impregnation for rice. Others are more optimistic and believe that with skillful preparation, the substitution is not felt. In addition, the addition of soy sauce will soften the sharpness of taste and smell. The recipe refueling is simple. Have to take:
- 50 ml of table vinegar (6%);
- 20 g sugar;
- 50 ml of soy sauce.
Cooking rice vinegar at home
If you do not intend to buy rice vinegar and do not want to use substitutes, then cook it at home. True, you should be patient, because you have to spend time and effort on cooking.
For the preparation will need the following ingredients:
- round rice - 300 g;
- sugar - 900 g;
- dry yeast - 1/3 Art. l
- Wash rice in cold water and pour 1.2 liters of water. Use glassware.
- Leave the rice warm for 4–5 hours and then move into the cold for 4 days.
- Strain rice and add 900 grams of sugar.
- Insist on a water bath for 30 minutes, then cool and pour into a jar.
- Add yeast, previously diluted in warm water, as indicated in the instructions on the package.
- Insist the mixture for a month (do not close the jar with the lid, but use gauze for this).
- Strain and boil the composition.
The volume will be sufficient for several applications.
Rice vinegar can be cooked at home
Rice vinegar is also used to pickle seafood and fish. It is better suited for such products, since it does not drown out their natural flavor and taste, but only adds a slight sourness.
Options for marinating meat, fish, ginger
When marinating ginger traditionally used rice can be replaced with apple or grape vinegar, diluted to 4% concentration. The shops have a concentration of 9%. To get a solution of 4% concentration, you need to dilute them with boiled water: 1 part vinegar 1.5 parts water.
A substitute for marinating seafood or meat is impregnation with lemon juice, pre-mixed with sugar dissolved in boiled water:
- lemon juice - 4 tbsp. spoons;
- boiled water - 4 tbsp. spoons;
- sugar - 2 tsp.
Before marinating, seafood is thawed and boiled for 2-3 minutes in salted water:
- prepare a marinade of lemon, sugar and water using the proportions described above;
- in a small container to lay cold seafood;
- add 1 tbsp. a spoonful of vegetable oil (for 2 tsp. lemon marinade), add spices if desired;
- stir by hand, evenly distributing the ingredients and close the container with a lid;
- leave for 10-12 hours in a dark cool place.
When pickling ginger rice vinegar can be replaced with grape or apple
Video Recipe - Pickled Ginger
Do not throw the idea to cook and taste delicious and healthy dishes only because they frighten unfamiliar product names. Make sushi and rolls at home at no significant cost, replacing rice vinegar with apple or wine, as well as lemon juice. If you intend to achieve a taste close to the original, prepare rice vinegar with your own hands.