Where to start wallpaper glue?
Sticking wallpaper for a newbie is not easy, because you need to take into account the many nuances. There are no trifles in this matter: you start to glue wrong - the whole wall will turn out to be a "curve."
First, it is important to determine where to start wallpaper glueing.
- Perhaps the most common option over the years remains the window. This option is popular since the time when wallpaper glued with overlap. If you want to keep the tradition, then you need to choose a convenient and suitable window, from which you will gradually glue the wallpaper. It is important that the edge of the window is located strictly perpendicular to the floor.
- Another common option is to start gluing from the edge of the door. The requirement is the same - the edge of the door should be perpendicular to the floor.
- Finally, you can begin to glue on the corner, but this is a more difficult case, since ideally even corners can rarely be found in which room. Before you start wallpapering, you need to make sure that the angle is more or less straight. Usually this option is not chosen because of its complexity.
Most modern wallpaper can be glued by choosing any of the options discussed above. In the process of wallpapering it is important to follow a few basic rules:
- It is not so important where you start to glue the wallpaper, like the fact that you need to respect the chosen direction. For example, if you started gluing clockwise, then you need to continue to the end.
- Much depends on the gluing of the first canvas. It should be glued as evenly as possible, because then you will measure the position of the following canvases. If you notice the curvature, it will be easier and more correct to re-paste the canvas than to try to correct the error with the next piece.
- Connecting the canvas, make the joints as invisible and smooth as possible.