Who knows what speech is?
For some time now, the vocabulary of the Russian language has been supplemented with new words borrowed from English: Okay, speaker, bro, shopping, shoes, deadline, distributor, market, realtor, freelancer, gamer, community, traffic, hacker, loser, grant, speech and etc. In this article we will talk about the meaning of the word "speech".
What is a speech? The noun "speech" comes from the English speech, which translates as "speech". This word is also used in this meaning, but more often it means “brief welcoming speech at a solemn event”.
Synonyms for the word "speech"
Many fundamentally do not want to use borrowed words in speech and replace them with synonyms:
- Speech: Alexander Sergeevich Vilkov's speech did not arouse enthusiasm among the listeners.
- Monologue: You can go home and remember to memorize Chatsky's monologue.
- Speech: Unfortunately, good performance did not work.
- Conversation: To talk with a future employer will need to be approached with the utmost seriousness.
- Toast: First, they say a toast to the king, then to the queen, princes and princesses.
- Toast: A lot of toasts were delivered during the evening.
- Report: Commission Chairman Viktor Vasilyevich found several shortcomings in the report.
- Tirada: Tirade was long and incomprehensible.
- Appeal: On New Year's Eve, everyone listened to the speech of the President.
Examples of sentences with the noun "speech"
A speech is a common noun of the inanimate masculine gender of the second declension.
Consider the examples of sentences with this word in different cases:
- How many knows what a speech is?
- If you only knew, girls, how I was tired of these mandatory speeches at all events!
- From the long tedious speech of Vera Maksimovna Strebkova, her head ached.
- Can't you do without speeches and toasts?
- I have absolutely no time to cook dinner, get ready for a speech, speak tomorrow.
- Anna Leonidovna, do not judge a man by comic speeches.
- Check the speech again, a lot depends on your report tomorrow.
- Not very much, I love all these speeches, let's come to the feast later, when the official part ends.
- Arkady Sergeevich Gribovsky struck everyone with a fiery match (in the form of the singular instrumental case).
- You should know that several dozen people worked on the matches of the party elite.
- Margarita Vadimovna made several inaccuracies in the speech, it will be difficult to rehabilitate, if at all possible.
- Everyone was arguing about the speeches spoken on the evening of ancient history.