Why children are born oligophrenics, and whether it is possible to teach them to live fully
Classification of Congenital Dementia
|Easy||Debility is characterized by the absence of abstract, but the preservation of visual-figurative thinking. There is a paucity of speech stock. External signs of the oligophrenic component are characteristic, such as “frontal” expression of the eyes and excessive mimicry. In some cases, children with a mild degree of oligophrenia differ from their peers only in difficulties in teaching in general education schools.|
|Average||Imbecility is characterized by specific thinking, the practical absence of phrasal speech, persistent movement disorders. External signs of mental retardation in this case are much more pronounced than with debility.|
|Deep||The idiocy is the reason for the disability of the child.Children are absolutely not socialized, they are not capable of self-care and need constant care.|
International Classification of Diseases, 10th Revision (ICD-10)
- Mild degree- with an IQ of 50-60.
- Moderate degree- with an IQ of 35-49.
- Heavy degree- The level of development of intelligence from 20 to 34.
- Deep degree- IQ is less than 20.
- Uncomplicated degree - cognitive activity is poorly developed, but the emotional-volitional sphere, the ability to work, behavior appropriate to the situation;
- Complicated by the processes of neurodynamics of oligophrenia is accompanied by disturbances of the processes of arousal and inhibition. In the first case, children are extremely impulsive, unbalanced, distracted, and conflict-prone; in the second, sluggish and inert, lacking initiative, not organized;
- Oligophrenia combined with psychopathic behavior - the emotional-volitional sphere suffers, in some situations such children may pose a threat to other children, they are not prone to shame, there is no criticality to their behavior, sometimes there are flashes of aggression;
- Complicated by some individual analyzers of oligophrenia - dementia is predetermined by the presence of a complex defect in a patient, for example, deafness or blindness, impaired activity of the musculoskeletal system;
- Oligophrenia caused by impaired activity of the frontal lobes of the brain - deep intellectual failure, cognitive activity is absent, the emotional-volitional sphere suffers, behavior far from accepted social norms.